Tuesday, November 24, 2009

High School Dragons


I thought I'd post another old pre -"real Artist" sketch. Since I hardly ever dated anything I'm guessing that this is from Junior high school in San Diego. Probably late Jr. high to early high school. I can only tell by the paper and subject matter.
I used to buy drawing pencils at the paint store because the only art store I could think of was a long bus ride away . It looks like this is on rough drawing paper from the high school art department. I think I got the diagonal hatching from studying drawings of Leonardo and the dragons were probably a Leonardo influence as well.
the heads on these are about in inch long. The actual drawing is actually much lighter . Looks like an HB pencil lead.
I haven't drawn any monsters lately. Might be time to do that again.
-Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment