Monday, September 6, 2010

Same pencil sketch- partly inked.


Breaking out the Windsor Newton series 7 water colour brushes for an inking session.
Inking in cold pressed paper is never as good as hot pressed. I knew that. But the sketch books are supposed to be for practice. I guess you can say inking on less favorable paper is like jogging on sand with leg weights. It toughens you up.
I don't like this very much but I'm posting anyway. I've been experimenting with digital inking as well . You can get spoiled with this. You don't have to wait for the ink to dry , you can click undo as many times as you like - but you may never be satisfied .
Here's a sample
:
This is a small portion of a much larger piece of art.
So with digital inking you can take a 4 by 4 inch drawing and ink it like it's a 20 by 20 inch drawing. you could be inking for days. But I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment